Seeking an Entry Level Hardware Engineer for a first shift position at one of our greatest clients in Mequon, WI. Please send your resume to Danny at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] if you are interested. Thank you!
Summary / Scope of Position:
Performs basic testing activities including, but not limited to, test development and execution under the direction of Project Engineers and Project Managers. Has responsibility for assigned aspects of test within a program. Will require collaboration across disciplines. Responsible for test execution and contributing to the development of new test processes and methodologies for the business unit. Focus is on testing to enable delivery of high quality product, in an efficient manner.
- Perform basic level testing on hardware, firmware and software based products at the individual function and complete product level.
- Must have proficiency in utilizing test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Power Meters, Data Acquisition equipment and related current and voltage probes.
- Contribute to the creation of product functional test procedures from product Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), High Level Design documents (HLDD) and subject matter expert inputs.
- Contribute to the generation of product test plans including task identification, schedule generation, manpower and equipment identification.
- Contribute to the implementation of product and system test set-ups.
- Participate in the reviews of test plans and associated test schedule.
- Development of product test procedures.
- Investigate product problems, with emphasis on hardware and firmware product support.
- Participate in appropriate support programs to assure that products continue to fill the customer's needs.
- Stay abreast of new test technology developments and applications that can be used in products through participation in technology seminars, courses, and independent study.
- In this role, it is expected that the technical competency of the individual will increase over time to become proficient in the evaluation of the products functionality leading to more advanced testing methods and product enhancements.
- Must complete design and implementation documentation as specified by the Common Development Processes, and associated with the functional process requirements.
- Must keep a notebook of documented notes that thoroughly explains conceptual thoughts, conditions, restrictions, analysis, synthesis, and test results that serve as justification for test and system design.
- Hold oneself accountable for achieving goals and meeting commitments.
- Encourage a positive work environment to foster outstanding performance. Possess and share a vision of success and work with individuals to help all reach their full potential.
- Promote new ideas and initiatives. Take a stand to resolve important issues
- With supervision, drives general activities toward completion with the ability to communicate functionally within the test organization.
- Contributor in the area of Product Development and Test.
- Network with people across a variety of functions and locations within the organization.
- Create an environment that encourages the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Conform to all aspects of the company’s goals, values, and standards of ethical conduct while demonstrating integrity, trustworthiness under all circumstances. Treat others honestly and fairly.
- Adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities. Be an agent of change.
- Work with Manager and team to resolve priority conflicts or feature requirements.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- May travel as required to meet the requirements of assigned projects
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Requires the physical ability to utilize ladders and maneuver in and around large high power motors and power cabinets and limited space areas.
- Requires the mental and visual ability to read and interpret computer programs, operating systems, and communications systems information
- Requires the ability to lift up to thirty five pounds.
- Minimum 1 year of product development or testing experience
- Familiarity with industrial control equipment
- Experience with RS Logix 5000 or other PLC programming tools
- Familiarity with UL508C, ISO 61800-5-1, IEC 61508 TUV functional safety, ISO 17025 requirements
- Experience with SAP, LeanKit, CLM, Doors Next Gen, Clear Quest, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178