Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
105 Burndy Rd.
Littleton, NH 03561
Currently, Hubbell/Burndy LLC manufacturing plant in Littleton, NH is seeking an Industrial Engineer to become involved in a rapid moving Tooling & Connector industry utilizing lean principles. This position will participate in a Lean Manufacturing atmosphere where change and flexibility are of great significance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes work measurement programs with a focus on Lean; performs and analyzes work sampling and maintains standard data for the development of production rates, manufacturing costs and product route sheets. In conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineering Staff has primary responsibility for the maintenance and integrity of all Operation Sheets in the facility.
- Analyzes work force utilization, machine capacities, facility layout, and operational data such as mass changes to operation sheets, production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment through use of computer technology.
- Recommends methods for improving Lean efficiencies, reducing waste of materials and utilities, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment. Aids in establishing procedures, standards and work instructions conforming to ISO, SPC and other related engineering activities.
- Confers with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Develops management systems for cost analysis, financial planning, wage and salary administration, and job evaluation.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience of industrial/manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with current manufacturing methodologies is required
- Lean Certification is a major plus
- Experience with implementation of 5S methodologies
- Lead team activities in Lean Manufacturing
- Experience working with methods and time standards, systems and procedures
- AutoCAD 2010, Solid Edge
- Experience with capital equipment justifications
- Experience with Routers and BOMs
- Experience with training and development of the hourly/salary work force
- Strategic planning capabilities
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.