GHD has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer to be based in our Irvine, CA office.
You will support regional management and lead technical local team execution of professional
service tasks of appropriate scope and complexity.
This role will include expanding and developing new markets, in part,
and leading the technical elements associated with the engineering
design, evaluation and implementation of water focused projects.
Working with the Lead Principal this position offers great variety of projects, and will see you involved in
What you will bring to the team
- Contribute to the continued growth of GHD's Northern California water group by expanding municipal water and wastewater engineering services.
- Planning and owning the delivery of water/wastewater designs and calculations
- Leading and contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Providing creative solutions to fit the needs of our clients and communities
- Mentor local staff by providing direction, knowledge, and
- Proven excellence at all stages of the project life-cycle, from preparing bids to feasibility studies, consenting, detailed design and data analysis, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated professional judgement and commercial acumen, including identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems to brief and budget
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- An interest in coaching and mentoring to technically strengthen the team capabilities
- Relevant tertiary qualification
The successful candidate will have
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Environmental, Civil, or similar)
Current California Civil PE
10 plus years of civil engineering experience with public water and wastewater infrastructure design projects; experience in sustainable civil design is a plus
Project management experience working on complex design projects with multi-discipline staff
Business development experience; demonstrated success winning work with water clients in the Sacramento area
Experience leading a team of engineers and technical staff
Experience in project design and delivery
Strong business development, proposal preparation, and marketing skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.