About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Job Title: Civil Project Engineer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional, first class customer service.
- Assist with the execution and management of the contract terms and deadlines.
- Prepare and present computer generated spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with entire project team, including Project Foreman, Project Manager, General Contractor, Architect/Engineer, and other subcontractors.
- Generate, maintain and facilitate project documentation in the execution of the construction processes for all-phases of the project. This will include, but is not limited to, requests for information, submittals, drawings, specifications, purchase orders, material orders, change orders, close-out documents, etc.
- Perform material take offs from drawings to help generate estimates and changes.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, efficiency, and integrity in all aspects of the work.
- Maintain flexibility with assigned work environment, and assigned project locations. May be required to commute to various jobsite locations.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Comply with all company operating policies, procedures, and safety programs as established.
- Other duties may be assigned as specific projects dictate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field; OR 2 years’ prior experience in related field via internships, co-ops, and/or industry employment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and adaptability in utilizing a wide range of computer software
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.