We are looking for an Electronic Maintenance Technician to join our Light Industrial Consumables team as we enhance our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with additional automated production cells.
As an Electronic Maintenance Technician you are responsible for providing support for manufacturing to ensure conscientious operation, value added work, and continuous improvement in technical and non-technical areas of electronic and electromechanical systems to insure premium quality is delivered on time to the customer.
Hypertherm is a 100% Associate-owned company recently named one of the best mid-sized engineering companies to work for by Forbes magazine. Globally focused, we design, manufacture and support the world's leading cutting solutions, with a proud history of nearly 50 years. Excellence in technology innovation, environmental stewardship, and shared ownership are just a few of the core values that have helped Hypertherm create a culture making us one of the best companies to work for in New Hampshire.
Our ideal candidate will have an AS degree in Electrical Engineering, two-year technical degree or equivalent military training with 5+ years of electronics experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities of our Electronic Maintenance Technician position:
- Safely, effectively, and efficiently troubleshoot electromechanical systems with minimal supervision and documentation
- Comfortable working in industrial environments and display professional confidence on the job site and able to flex to all shifts/buildings to support projects
- Ability to construct clear verbal and written communications. Communicate effectively with customers in a professional manner
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, schematics, prints and maintenance manuals
- Experience with circuit design and analysis
- Basic windows-based automation and network troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrates an active interest in enhancing current skills or tools and learning new ones; applies advanced functional or technical knowledge or tools to his or her job at a high level of accomplishment. Applies basic problem-solving skills as required
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be a productive and engaged member of the team
- Understanding of digital and analog electronics
- Strong electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting PLC's and motion control systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of understanding ladder logic
- Proficient with electronic test equipment such as (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, data loggers and analytical software)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to support position by utilizing appropriate trade skills and general shop equipment such as (soldering, drilling, cutting) to repair or manufacture components as needed
- SolidWorks or equivalent
- Experience working with automation and robotics
- Comprehensive understanding of NFPA-79 Electrical standard for Industrial machinery
- Ability to design and interface equipment
- Ability to write PLC ladder programs
Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire
Hypertherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our company. We give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.