Provide technical leadership and direct contribution towards the development and validation of new Cardiac Assist products and concepts; as they relate to the discipline of Bio-Medical Engineering.
- Develop new concepts and methodologies for the control and automation of Cardiac Assist functions; as they pertain to enhancing product automation, performance, safety, as well as reducing cost.
- Prepare technical documents/presentations needed for communication during product development and for long term product support.
- Support both the verification and validation testing of algorithmic functions, in both laboratory and animal/clinical based venues.
- Maintain proficiency in signal processing techniques and in the utilization of associated synthesis and analysis tools
- Create and maintain laboratory tools necessary for the assessment and qualification of algorithmic performance of new products and concepts.
- Provide market and research awareness through patent, literature search and attending professional conferences/seminars.
- Collaborate/consult with experts from academic institutions to advance current product design
- Evaluate existing products and techniques to foster product improvements
- Recommend new ideas/technology to Directing Management to advance the performance, safety and/or use of cardiac assist products.
- Propose/implement algorithms, specification and test plans based upon marketing, clinical and test requirements
- Review software implementation plans for Bio-Med specified functionality and provide technical feedback to the software group.
- Provide guidance to Directing Management regarding the development/acquisition of new tools, models and test equipment
- M.S. in Biomedical Engineering or M.S. in Electrical or Software with BME minor
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Must also have concentration and experience in the areas of Signals, Systems or Instrumentation.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.