SNI Technology's client located in Thornton, CO is seeking to hire an Entry-Level, Systems Administrator for an exciting, 3 to 6 month contract assignment!
System Administrators who wish to be considered for this opportunity must have experience with the following areas:
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Windows and MAC Operating Systems
- Window Server 2000/2003
- Wi-Fi Network
Entry Level Systems Administrator
SNI Technology's client is seeking to hire a Systems Administrator on a contract-basis to help support their information technology department.
Our client's preference is to hire system administrators that can support technology (PCs, Network, Wi-Fi, mobile devices, etc.) in the district as well as potentially supporting VoIP.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for performing basic server installation, configuration, and maintenance. Additional responsibilities include: Installing Network Printers, Network peripherals, and appliances; Setup and install network applications; Creates and manages user directions and files on the server platforms. (i.e. ~70% of daily duties)
- Analyze, diagnose, and maintain systems in assigned geographic area. Monitor switches and network equipment, Provide back-up support to other geographic areas. Monitors, diagnoses and resolves simple server operating system problems. (i.e. 10% of daily duties)
- Assist with planning, installing and the integration of district networks for Apple and Microsoft platforms. (Macintosh and Active Dir login, authentication, integration) (i.e. 10% of daily duties)
- Instruct, support, and train Technical Support Analysts and end users. Build a working relationship that maximizes and complements individual abilities while achieving or exceeding service needs. (i.e. 10% of daily duties)
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Operating knowledge of network test and diagnostic equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, productivity and educational software.
- Knowledge of and ability to add/change users and home directories and to add/change network printers.
- Ability to perform remote access and maintenance of servers.
- Knowledge of and ability to manipulate LAN switches and Ethernet infrastructure.
- Knowledge and basic management of login scripts.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to install and configure a Mac OS X server and to setup, configure and troubleshoot
- Windows 2000/2003 Advanced Server.
- Server-class machines (Intel, SUN, HP, Dell), Network Attached Storage devices, Other Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, MS-Server) and various network appliances.
- Advanced operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree in computer science or related field. Two (2) additional years of similar and relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience required
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of various Microsoft Windows and MAC Operating systems, and mobile device platforms.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which would provide the required knowledge and skills, may be considered.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
Name: SNI Technology