Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Director of Maintenance (Maintenance Manager)
*Note: This position is for a contract that we have submitted a proposal and fully anticipate the award. The locations to be covered will be Vance A.F.B, Enid OK and Columbus A.F.B, Columbus, MS.
The Director of Maintenance (DOM) leads the aircraft maintenance organization safe and reliable aircraft to meet daily flying schedule commitments. Directs all on- and off-equipment aircraft maintenance. Delegates authority to managers, supervisors, and mechanics/technicians/specialists for support and production to perform all contract requirements. Provides guidance for workforce management. Ensures the Program Manager is kept informed of all maintenance activities. Act as the alternate when the Program Manager is unavailable.
- Continuously interface and coordinate with the customer Operations Group Commander, PAE Program Manager and PAE Quality Manager
- Coordinate operational matters with and maintain liaison with the flying squadrons to enhance the maintenance and sortie generation.
- Review of the previous day, current day, and next day’s activities with the Program Manager, Quality Manager, Wing and Group leadership, and flying squadrons, focused on identifying and resolving detractors to mission success
- Establish aircraft maintenance personnel management policies, practices, and procedures including the ability to adjust work operations to meet emergencies
- Change program or production requirements using available resources with minimum sacrifice of quantity or quality of work
- Establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress toward their achievement
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve issues or problems concerning efficiency and effectiveness of program operations
- Plan, direct, and supervise activities of a large-scale aircraft maintenance organization and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of a highly diversified workforce through subordinate supervisors
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to gain cooperation from others through tact, courtesy, and diplomacy
- Evaluate and use a continuous process improvement program to consistently guarantee highly effective maintenance operations
- Practice and promote the principles of the PAE Six Sigma Program
- Approve Special Certification Appointments
- At least 20 years aircraft maintenance leadership/management experience equivalent to group or squadron commander in a USAF aircraft maintenance organization
- Experience with and in-depth comprehension of large-scale aircraft maintenance organizations and the functions and operations of other Wing/base activities (i.e. Civil Engineering, Logistic, Operations, etc.)
- Experience with the interrelationship between the Maintenance Directorate, AETC/A4M, Air Force Materiel Command and Defense Logistics Agency
- Experience in analyzing comprehensive maintenance evaluation results to make significant operational course corrections based on that data and ensure high quality maintenance is being consistently provided
- Experience in aircraft maintenance to include task qualification, special certification requirements, in-process inspections, quality control procedures, and logistics planning
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of T-1A, T-6A, and T-38C airframes including electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, and technical principles
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of applicable maintenance directives, maintenance data reporting, using technical orders and proper handling, use, and disposal of hazardous wastes and materials
- Bachelor’s Degree is mandatory
- Attendance of USAF senior level maintenance management course is desirable
- A Secret clearance is mandatory
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster