The Lead Engineer will be responsible for performing enterprise telecommunications planning, engineering, documentation, and diagnostics within the Operational Smart Grid networks.
- Manage telecommunications carrier relationships; tracks and escalates tickets as required and coordinates postmortem activity.
- Act as department business security liaison and serves as Client representative for Global Technical Security Team.
- Lead the completion of assigned telecommunication engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Respond to requests for data communications connectivity that are related to moves, adds, and changes within the customer community.
- Assist in the analysis, scheduling, acquisition, implementation, and documentation of telecommunications hardware, software, and facilities for assigned projects.
- Respond to general technical data network facility, hardware, and software problems and engages required resources.
- Plan, manage, and supervise vendor engagements.
- Monitor system performance and ensures capacity planning is performed by assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure department is up to date regarding regulatory guidelines and industry best practices related to security. Identifies and evaluates new security policies, technologies, and products.
- Assist in the development of technical standards for network design and equipment configuration.
- 5-7+ years of engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or Network Engineering.
- Experience to include: network or telecom engineering with utility companies, network design, and Scada communication design and troubleshooting
- Experience working on Substation Communication Systems and SCADA Communications
- PE, LEED, or CCP certifications are a plus
- Proven track record of successful project execution
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.