Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Under the guidance of more senior engineering personnel, the Associate Project Engineer performs Hearth product testing and evaluations, writes the testing and certification reports, and communicates with our clients.
- Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, conduct on and off site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s).
- Identify, set up, and operate standard test equipment such as, but not limited to, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter, dielectric strength tester, ground continuity tester, digital multi-meter, surge generator, over-voltage tester, environmental condition chamber, articulated probes. Use hand tools to build/calibrate test fixtures.
- Work under the direction of senior engineering staff to diagnose failures during tests and explore other options for testing.
- Following sample handling procedures, ensure that sample is logged into and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment.
- Under direction of a more senior engineer, manage less complex projects utilizing the resources available.
- Compile test results during construction review and testing. Compile data and product description and create final report using established report shell. Submit report to reviewer for final approval.
- Compile test data from individual projects and create certification listings following the internal guidelines to meet ISO 17065 requirements.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or the equivalent in terms of experience and training
- 2-4 years directly related experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Prior project management experience is a plus
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations and make technical decisions under supervision
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.