An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced CAD Technician, with a great combination of customer and technical skills, to join our team. Responsibilities include partnering with our experienced sales, engineering, and project management staff to produce system wiring documentation and architectural coordination documentation for integrated mission critical and high profile integrated audiovisual, videoconferencing and broadcast systems.
Successful candidate will produce comprehensive system wiring and architectural documentation including signal flow documents, system wiring details, architectural details, mounting details, floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, equipment location drawings, etc. for audiovisual, videoconferencing, and broadcast designs. These would include the following types of systems for control rooms, operations centers, network operations center, boardrooms, visualization labs, executive briefing centers, classrooms, and training rooms.
- Display systems
- Routing and switching systems
- Signal processing
- Control systems
- Equipment racks
- Audio systems
- Lighting systems
- Videoconferencing systems
Whitlock is a video collaboration company that provides strategy, management, technologies and support to the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. We believe face-to-face collaboration creates stronger relationships and makes way for both business and personal success. What we give to a customer is the ability to connect, work together and share ideas with a reliable video experience. Whatever you’re trying to do, and who ever needs to join in, we’ll help you share it with the world.
Our company promotes and rewards client-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity and a passion for success.
- Current familiarity with commercial/professional audiovisual, videoconferencing and broadcast equipment
- AutoCAD experience.VidCAD experience is a plus
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, Internet.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- College degree or degree from recognized CAD training facility
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a CAD drafting role (CAD training degree) or 2 – 5 years of CAD drafting experience