Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Lighting (HLI) is committed to elevating the lighting experience. Empowered by lighting solutions that integrate seamlessly into their environment, save energy, provide improved quality of light, deliver return on investment and armed with Hubbell’s unflinching support, its customers are able to think differently about how, where, and when they can use light. As one of the largest lighting fixture manufacturers in North America, it features a suite of brands that provide a full range of indoor and outdoor lighting products serving the commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential markets.
2000 Electric Way Northeast
Christiansburg, VA 24073
The Materials Manager is responsible for overall Business Unit responsibility for Inventory Control, Materials Schedule/Planning, Customer Service and supervision of Materials Control employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages material plans to ensure orderly launches in support of MRP requirements to support build plans for new program, critical end-of-life items, and special projects/programs.
- Manages inventory to optimize consumption and minimize excess/obsolescence for new products and end-of-life. Identifies, assesses and communicates program issues / exceptions, and proposes resolutions, as required.
- Analyzes engineering changes and takes appropriate action to address material impact in support of the program.
- Participate in team meetings, providing input to documentation of build plans and actions. Works with to ensure program requirements and upgrades are supported.
- Provides input to & helps maintain processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement in support of Engineering program requirements and reduced time to market. Provide back-up support in NPI Materials area, as needed.
- Optimize Materials Management Procedures and Process.
- Coordinates Production Schedulers efforts to maintain and establish material and capacity efforts.
- Lead, intervene and positively influence specific Business Units based on their performance on the metrics.
- Develop strategies to meet raw material and finished goods inventory goals.
- Develop of cost & time saving measures through the improvement process (Kaizen).
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 5 + years of progressive buying/planning experience in a high volume/lean manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of MRP/ERP concepts and processes.
- SAP experience.
- Strong analytical skills with a disciplined approach to planning/scheduling/buying preferred.
- Excellent computer skills: Excel and/or Access and etc.
- Experience in ERP or Kanban systems.
- Experience implementing material systems & business processes.
- APICS certification or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of material flow & layout.
Bachelors Degree in Economics or Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.