Advantage Resourcing is seeking a Materials (Crystal Growth) Engineer for our client in Vancouver, WA.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- The Materials (Crystal Growth) Engineer will be responsible for improving crystal growth processes, including raw material preparation, apparatus and component optimization, process optimization, post-growth processing, for transitioning processes from R&D into manufacturing, and for ramping up manufacturing capacity. As appropriate, the Materials Engineer will both perform hands-on work and supervise technicians in trouble-shooting process and equipment issues; designing and implementing equipment modifications; writing process documentation; and performing process improvement, process optimization, and material analysis. This position involves the setup of new production systems in clean-room and non-clean-room environments, development and optimization of processes on these systems, and establishing sustainability in these systems. This position will also provide technical support for Environmental Health and Safety personnel.
- 4+ years experience in crystal growth. Experience with material processing, chemical processing, and/or semiconductor processing is highly desirable. More extensive experience and Supervisory experience is desirable but not required.
- 3+ years experience in industry is highly desirable.
- B.S degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or a closely-related field. M.S. or Ph.D. degree preferred.
- Hands-on mechanical and analytical experience. Experience with X-ray diffraction, optical microscopy, and related crystal characterization techniques is highly desirable.
- Experience with data analysis, including hypothesis testing, regression, and DOE. Experience with big data analysis desirable.
- Experience with handling of hazardous chemicals and gases is desirable.
- Knowledge of semiconductor and/or ceramic material processing and properties is desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on process improvement procedures.
- Knowledge of FMEA, Lean and Six Sigma Principles is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Together with crystal growth team, leads and coordinates design, improvement, installation, and commissioning of new processes and tools for crystal growth and processing of semiconductor-related materials.
- Oversees the initiation, operation, and upgrading of manufacturing processes to maximize productivity while maintaining high-quality product requirements.
- Takes ownership of projects and manages results from cradle to grave with guidance from Engineering Manager. Hands-on involvement operating chemical and mechanical process equipment is expected and required.
- Performs evaluations and documents results related to semiconductor wafer production.
- Works directly with, and occasionally trains, manufacturing employees (operators and technicians) on the production floor.
- Ensures compliance with company and governmental safety rules and regulations in connection with EH&S personnel.
- Performs statistical analysis; maintains statistical data and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying, please email me Ignacio Barba at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
call 408-367-1477, or click the “Apply” button.