PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Project Environmental Engineer to join our Building and Construction team in Hillside, IL
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
- Managing Environmental Site Assessments – Phase I, II & III
- Managing IEPA Site Remediation Program (SRP) projects
- Managing Soil & Groundwater studies
- Managing Leaking Underground Storage Tank projects
- Managing soil gas and vapor intrusion investigations
- Ability to write proposals for the above work
- Ability to communicate with State Regulators to keep projects moving and on schedule
- Ability to self-manage and make decisions during all phases of a project
- Ability to manage and control project budgets and build solid relationships with your clients.
- BS in Civil Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, P.E. or P.G. required
- Familiarity with ASTM E1527-13, E2600-15; IAC Title 35 Parts 731, 732,734, 740 & 742
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.