Global Chemical Process Safety Engineer
Location of Position:
4636 Somerton Road, Trevose, PENNSYLVANIA 19053-6742 USA
The Global Chemical Process Safety Engineer will be responsible for the development and implementation of an in-house world class Process Safety framework covering SUEZ's Water Technologies & Solutions (WTS) chemical manufacturing operations. With assistance of various stakeholders, they will identify process safety risks within the existing WTS chemistries and lead in the development of mitigation strategies to ensure compliance by the operations. He/she will report into the Global Process Chemistry Leader and will work closely with the Technology, Global Engineering and Regional EHS functions, being the main point person for the development, roll out and sustainability of all Process Safety programs and initiatives relating to WTS' CMS Chemical manufacturing operations.
The Global Chemical Process Safety Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Be the principal person to identify and address potential Process Safety concerns inherent to chemistries being adopted for all global production plants, with special focus on the 3 reaction plants located in the US, Brazil and Belgium.
- Support the Global Process Chemistry team to ensure all aspects of Process safety are addressed in projects and operating procedures being applied at all reaction and blending plants
- Review current designs, identify gaps and propose solutions to improve the safety and exposure to people and the environment
- Work closely together with the engineering team during the design and start-up of engineering projects at the plants and provide technical process safety support
- Assemble process safety information, including P&IDs, equipment design data, and process parameters needed for successful completion of Process Hazard Analyses (PHA/HAZOP)
- Implement company's internal standards for hazardous process (e.g. flammable materials, combustible dust handling and neutralization reactions) etc.
- Implement, maintain, and improve all aspects of the company's process safety program. Maintaining compliance with applicable OSHA, EPA, EU and country/state/local requirements including Process Safety Management, RMP, Seveso.
- Observe standards for: asset management, P&ID coding and upkeep, strategic maintenance planning and execution and strategic spares/maintenance services sourcing methodology.
- Drive continuous system and process improvements based on Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Fluent English language speaker
- Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 professional years of chemical industry experience
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time
- Excellent understanding of chemical plant processes, i.e. P&iD structures, safety loops
- Competent and skilled user of Autocad
- Knowledge of OSHA Process Safety Management, EPA and SEVESO experience
- Experience in conducting employee Process Safety training
- Quality and Compliance Auditing skills
- Effective problem identification and solution execution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Track record of mentoring and coaching people / ability to engage and influence
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and guide people through it
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Drive and support the process safety compliance culture associated within the businesses Chemical Industry environment
- Knowledge of SAP
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & assign right prioritization
- Excellent problem solving skills, sound judgment, initiative and creativity
- Effective risk manager - knowing when to escalate, defining risk mitigation plans and know when to invoke them
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, and organizational skills in a matrix organization
Annual 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered:
Number of Job Openings:
Join the Resource Revolution! SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
SUEZ's Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. SWTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Name: Suez Water Technologies & Solutions