Junior / Entry Level Electrical Engineer
Our client, an expanding custom manufacturer on the East coast, is searching for a Junior Electrical Engineer to join their growing team. Open to recent College Grads with BSEE !
SUMMARY: Provide electrical engineering & design support with an emphasis on power (equipment/machine) in an OEM environment
Our ideal candidate will have a foundation of knowledge, experience, and/or the education and ability to learn and develop the following skills and abilities:
- Design and implement three phase power control circuits at line voltages up to 600 VAC with connected loads as high as 3 MVA.
- Design SCR power control circuits for electrical heating systems.
- Design and implement electrical controls and instrumentation for products and systems used in industrial applications.
- Work with modular power control centers, industrial circuit breakers, and transformers.
- Utilize SolidWorks Electrical or AutoCAD Electrical to generate electrical schematics, panel layouts and single line drawings for construction and installation of equipment.
- Analyze system component requirements and prepare specs for purchase of suitable material and equipment.
- Ensure electrical designs meet requirements for UL508A, NFPA 79 and NEC or CE standards as required.
- Perform various detailed calculations to properly size and select components such as wire, fusing, transformers, power controllers, circuit breakers including thermal power dissipation for enclosure selection.
- Work with Piping & Instrument Diagrams to develop I/O list, BOM, and schematics used to build thermal processing equipment controls.
- Work closely with manufacturing and operations staffs to insure documentation and testing activities are performed in compliance with specs, codes, and customer requirements.
- Layout proper control and power cubicle configurations.
- Manage your assigned projects to ensure they are completed according to customer specifications, within budget, and on-time.
- Must be able to travel for system start-up and troubleshooting, both domestic and abroad.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with GPA 3.0 and higher.
- 0-5 years’ experience minimum, higher experience preferred.
- Possess knowledge of electrical engineering design fundamentals, along with experience in electrical design. (Experience with SolidWorks Electrical or AutoCAD Electrical preferred.)
- Possess working knowledge of automation controls including practical understanding of mechanical systems, motion, gas handling, gas flow, pressure, stress, temperature, combustion control systems and various analyzing instrumentation.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and P & ID’s.
- Familiar with NEC & ISA standards and symbology, with knowledge of IEEE & CE standards a plus.
- Field Service or start-up experience is a plus.
- Up to 15% travel required-both domestic & international (MUST BE ABLE TO PASS BACKGROUND CHECK IN ORDER TO GET VALID PASSPORT AND CROSS THE BORDER).
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
www.txmqstaffing.com | www.txmq.com