Title: Industrial Engineer
Job ID: LR- REQ-00633
Location: Arlington, TX
Pay rate: Open and competitive
Additional Benefits: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: contract
Seeking an Industrial Engineer who possesses a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in manufacturing
The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Electrical Engineering 3+ years' experience
Position requires design, development, testing, and evaluation of integrated systems for managing industrial production processes. This should include human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination
- Assists production operations in multi-functional areas encompassing maintenance, continuous improvement processes, ergonomics, plant layout, etc.
- Makes recommendations on alternative methods/processes to assist production within JIT systems environment.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using CAD and with principles of OSHA ergonomic work cell design.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and standards.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Design and develop new tooling, equipment, or automation which will increase production or address ergonomics.
- Time/Work Measurement Standard Analysis- Reduce/eliminate inefficiencies within the processes and implement efficiency gains
- Perform tasks in a Union environment (UAW)
- Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Strong mechanical aptitude with manufacturing processes experience is requiredEducation and Experience:
Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Electrical Engineering 3+ years' experience
Skills and Specific Requirements Sought:
- BS/BA Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prefer a minimum of 2-3 years in a Manufacturing (JIT) Environment
- CI/Six Sigma/Lean Training a plus
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or have been placed by GTA at one of our clients, we will not be able to entertain moving you. However, we are hopeful that you may know someone else who is qualified and as such you would still be eligible for our generous referral bonus program detailed below.
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM:
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming experience a plus. Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControlLogix 5000-5580.
- Knowledge of Fanuc Robotics a plus.
- Ability to work in a highly productive, constantly changing JIT environment a plus.
- Work Measurement/Time Study-M.O.S.T. comprehension a plus
If you are able to refer a person we do hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job between 90 days to 180 days
, depending on customer payment terms.
Name: Cheryl Campbell
Ph: 313 593 1311