Title: Industrial Engineer
Job ID: 19-00161 (LR- REQ-00633)
Location: Arlington, TX
Pay Rate: Open and Highly Competitive
Additional Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), company paid holidays and more!
Type of hire: Contract
Shift: 1st Shift
Position requires design, development, testing, and evaluation of integrated systems for managing industrial production processes. This should include human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination. Assists production operations in multi-functional areas encompassing maintenance, continuous improvement processes, ergonomics, plant layout, etc. Makes recommendations on alternative methods/processes to assist production within JIT systems environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Accountable for the successful completion of assigned engineering tasks and preparation of engineering deliverables.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment -- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Thinking Creatively -- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Training and Teaching Others -- Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others
Typical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using CAD and with principles of OSHA ergonomic work cell design.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and standards.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Design and develop new tooling, equipment, or automation which will increase production or address ergonomics.
- Time/Work Measurement Standard Analysis- Reduce/eliminate inefficiencies within the processes and implement efficiency gains
- Perform tasks in a Union environment (UAW)
- BS/BA Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prefer a minimum of 2-3 years in a Manufacturing (JIT) Environment
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- CI/Six Sigma/Lean Training a plus
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming experience a plus. Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControlLogix 5000-5580
- Knowledge of Fanuc Robotics a plus
- Ability to work in a highly productive, constantly changing JIT environment a plus
- Work Measurement/Time Study-M.O.S.T. comprehension a plus
Name: Cheryl Campbell