Vice President of Aerospace & Aviation | Jersey City, NJ | req45617
• Lead team of Key Account Managers and responsible for overall performance of the vertical
• Responsible to know the decision and organizational layer of the Strategic Customer and marries KN management with Strategic Customer management.
• Create and manage the network of sales resources around the given Strategic Customer(s).
• Determine the required resources within KN to capitalize on value creation opportunities.
• Responsible as the “primary” lead for the management of the Strategic Customer Business Plan.
• Set, meet and exceed business revenue goals.
• Act as the single point for the selling of “all” KN services and solutions across all business fields (depending on customer, this may be in conjunction with a dedicated support representative from a given business unit).
• Drive the RFQ response for their assigned Strategic Customer(s), either as the lead, or make sure regional support is assigned to drive offered business opportunity. (In the case of regional specific requirements or RFQs this would be taken up by local KAM assigned to the Strategic Customer, but drive and awareness is funneled through the KAM).
• Conduct regular review sessions and arrange at a minimum of one “white board sessions”, (global discovery session) with their assigned strategic customer(s).
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for KN.
• Need to be the “voice” to Vertical Owners and Senior KN Management of identified issues before they become problems.
• Maintain close communication with customer and KN’s operations to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results. Direct operational issues to the correct operational owner.
• Reports in agreed intervals Strategic Customer development to Vertical Owner.
• Constantly update their own know-how and skills and look for market/vertical information, activities and development.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Seasoned listening skills.
• Good analytical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Self-disciplined, strong leadership and motivational abilities.
• Creative ability in developing sales strategies and solutions and in presenting innovative solutions to customers.
• Experience with Logistics processes, systems and solutions.
• Microsoft Office applications experience.
• Undergraduate degree in logistics or related business field.
• Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of logistics sales experience
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.