Photo Process Engineer - NPI
The Photo Operations team is focused on delivering solutions by developing 24x7x365 teams of elite, fab-oriented, excursion-free, safety and quality minded members. As part of the Photo Operations team, you will work together to support one another and our customers regardless of organizational boundaries.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understanding of logic semiconductor manufacturing.
- Intermediate knowledge in photolithography process.
- Ability to understand and manipulate overlay process control/strategies.
- Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Familiar with foundry style semiconductor manufacturing.
- Understanding of photolithography process qualification.
- Ability to execute against company and departmental direction in daily activities.
- Perform routine process monitoring, adjustments and qualification in a high-speed, high-throughput manufacturing environment.
- Disposition lots, identifying the critical failures that imply bigger problems. Fix those problems or document and escalate.
- Communicate with other engineers, technicians and manufacturing personnel.
- Investigate quality issues, improve process margins, and maintain high level of process control across multiple modules and tech nodes.
- Ability to run all aspects of experiments to test hypotheses; collects and summarizes data and makes recommendations to senior staff and greater organization.
- Able to work well in a team environment and effectively communicate throughout organization.
- Work days and hours: M-F, 1st Shift.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-year bachelor's degree in engineering
- 1-3+ years' experience in semiconductor process engineering
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to adapt to and implement change.
- Accepts that change is inevitable, and embraces change with innovation, courage, and resiliency.
- Teamwork and mentorship.
- Shows enthusiasm for helping others, as well as helping them improve and develop new skills
- Promotes key values: Consistently demonstrates work ethics and values.
- Conducts duties of the position with truth, sincerity and fairness. Strong adherence to ground rules.
- Understanding of semiconductor wafer processing fundamentals.
- Desired: Spotfire analysis, Excel macro writing.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. SAS produces digital LSI logic components for tablets, smart phones, and other mobile devices. In August, 2012, SAS invested $4 billion to accommodate full System LSI production, bringing our total investment in Austin to more than $17 billion. With over 2500 employees and 2.3M square feet of space, SAS is producing a full range of design rule devices. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at their highest performance.
What we offer:
- Ample training and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO policy starting at 4 weeks
- Employer paid health insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Onsite gym, basketball court, and soccer field
- Subsidized cafeteria meals
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Name: Megan Burmeister