Company Job Title:
Telecommunications Engineer/Analyst - Intermediate
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The TelecommunicationsEngineer/Analyst-Intermediate will design, integrate and implementtelecommunications, data communications structured transport systems andrelated infrastructure.
- Promptlyrespond to Remedy tickets assigned for network and voice incidents.
- Proactivelymonitor network SNMP and NETFLOW data to minimize outages.
- Analyzeweekly ACAS scanning results and coordinate necessary remediation tasks.
- Reviewand update network and telecommunications documentation for accurate continuity.
- Managequality assurance testing procedures on new products as well as existinghardware.
- ManageVOIP DHCP scopes.
- Utilizeprograms and software such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager or otherunified communication suite programs to provide Central Office switch featurese.g. call forwarding, call transfers, ad-hoc conference, voicemailadds/changes, caller ID, and others if the phone supports.
- Coordinatewith Senior Network personnel for all network and voice adds, moves, andchanges.
- Enhancecustomer reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and differentrequests; exploring opportunities to add value to the customer.
- Maintainand track Network hardware inventory
- Otherduties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully,an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’sDegree and 6 years of relevant experience
- 12 years combined education and experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Experiencein the use of advanced features of Microsoft Excel.
- Educationor related training may be used in lieu of experience.
- PossessBaseline and Full Computing Environment Certifications for IAT-II IAW DoD8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002.
- Musthave Cisco certification.
- Possessand maintain a valid state operator's license
- Must have ability to obtain Secretclearance
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Abilityto obtain Secret clearance with T3 Investigation
- DesiredApplication Experience: Cisco CUCM/Unity, Cisco ACS/ISE, SolarWinds
- DesiredCertification: CCNA Collaboration
- Abilityto occasionally work after hours. nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Abilityto communicate professionally through all types of media with associates,management, contractors, and vendors (both written and oral),
- Strongcommunications skills (both written and oral), strong customer service andexcellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen and understand what is beingdescribed by the end-user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutionswhen necessary.
- Abilityto meet minimum security clearance requirements
Physical Demands:(The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.