Arconic is currently insearch of a Mechanical Engineer to join their team inDavenport, Iowa.
Arconic(NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working inclose partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challengesto transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity ofour people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver theseproducts at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success andshareholder value.
Global Rolled Products (GRP), is adynamic global organization that offers the widest variety of aluminum plateand sheet in the world. GRP is made up of Arconic's rolling operations aroundthe world with manufacturing and commercial sites in North America, EasternEurope, Western Europe, Asia, Australia and Russia. GRP is an approximately $8billion global business.
Since it opened in 1948,Arconic’s Davenport aluminum facility has been at the forefront of Americanmanufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plantemploys over 2,500 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry,with 20 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continuedmodernization, including a $300 million investment to increase automotive sheetproduction, Davenport has maintained its position as the world’s premieraerospace supply plant and is today a hub of Arconic’s $4 billion aerospacebusiness.
The MechanicalEngineer position is responsible for a wide variety of manufacturingprocess and mechanical engineering activities in a maintenance department. He/she has responsibility for:
- Coordinating and implementing Lean Manufacturing principles across the department.
- Must gain a complete view and understanding of the area’s Equipment and processes it supports.
- The Mechanical Engineer will focus on tactical projects in the areas of safety, recovery, improvement, machine reliability, training, and production.
- Utilize project management tools for coordinating efforts on process improvements, including capital improvement and sustaining projects, and will support and lead the execution of problem solving efforts related to process and machine improvements.
- Although the person in this position works primarily daytime shifts M-F, it is expected that they work off-shifts and/or weekends as needed to support the functions of this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Minimum 2 years’experience in a manufacturing industry
- Minimum 2 years’experience interpreting design of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and utilitysystems for machine understanding and performing improvement modifications
- Manufacturing experiencein the metals industry.
- Hands on shop experience
- Experience in processimprovement, troubleshooting, hydraulics, pneumatics, machine repair.
- Motion controlunderstanding in electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems & abilityto troubleshoot.
- Excellent oral &written communication skills with the ability to work & interact at alllevels of an organization.
- The knowledge toidentify and help resolve process-related problems.
- Strong business,technical, computer, and analytical skills (from educational background and/ormanufacturing experience.)