GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of over 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is growing and seeking an Intermediate Project Engineer to join our Food and Agriculture Team in our Green Bay, Wisconsin office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working in teams to identify, design and execute leading edge solutions for GHD clients
- Developing project scope and deliverables with clients to ensure timely and efficient completion of tasks.
- Experience with project management and budgeting
- Perform site visits to verify design criteria, collect data and document construction completion details in accordance with engineering plans
- Coordinate design teams and communicate regulatory requirements
- Ability to coordinate activities with vendors, clients and contractors
- Perform field work at various project sites as required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with project team members, regulators and clients
- Preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, cost estimates, technical reports, work plans, permit applications and project specifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in civil, mechanical, agricultural or water resource engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in engineering or related field
- PE license, preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail along with strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude; good interpersonal skills; mentorship to junior staff
- Production agricultural experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel and perform field work, and overnight travel
- 25-40% travel within Wisconsin
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus
We offer an opportunity to be part of a growing and dynamic employee owned company, a professional working environment with career development potential, flexible hours and a competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience in a privately held, quality driven and client focused company.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.