Based in the Lowell MA facility, the Senior Biomedical Engineer - Medical Device will be responsible for leading Biomedical Engineering activities within the NPD team located on the North Shore. In particular, this role is heavily focused on researching new sensing and assessment technologies for the companies latest devices in pipeline.
Our latest client is an international Class III OEM medical device manufacturer based on the North Shore of Boston Area. This company designs and manufactures complex electromechanical devices typically found in hospital and other healthcare settings.
- Responsible for developing and evaluating new technologies and sensors for inclusion into ew products
- Lead systems engineering efforts for a complex, software-driven electro-mechanical medical device comprised of capital equipment and disposables.
- Evaluate sensor technologies for flow, temperature, pressure, biosensors etc. then develop algorithms to use these sensors to automation
- Responsible for performing market analysis and reporting on the current state-of-the-art and emerging technologies in the medical device field.
- Responsible for interfacing with OEM companies to learn about and integrate their technologies into new products
- Work with internal and external mechanical, electrical and software teams to test and integrate new sensors and technologies into new products and disposable modules.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biomedical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum 10 years biomedical\systems engineering for complex medical devices
- Must have previous experience with biosensors
- Previous experience developing blood contacting disposables is desired
- High-level Sr position- managing all of Biomedical Engineering and lead strategies
- New position in new division - expected to build out its own space
- Dynamic, fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong base salary
- Bonus opportunity
- Competitive benefits package
- Top-rated medical device company
Name: Daniel Ferzoco
FAX: 001 617 428 3793