Company Job Title:
Database Engineer (Scripting)
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Summary: The Database Engineer (Scripting) position isan entry level position that will primarily include the development andexecution of scheduled, automation, and ad hoc scripts. The scripts will be developedto support transferringNGA products, information, data, and web content for dissemination on NGA andcoalition networks. The Database Engineer(Scripting) position will provide support to NGA’s Geospatial-Intelligence(GEOINT) Information Office’s Content Division and the Battlefield Information CollectionExploitation System (BICES) web servers.
Essential Dutiesand Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions of this position)
- Performdatabase scripting utilizing Unix, Linux, SQL, Java, Oracle, DatabaseManagement Tools, HTML, XML, multiple Operating Systems to ensure daily loadingof GEOINT data on multiple NGA networks.
- UseCOTS and GOTS applications (Unix, Linux, SQL, Java, Oracle, Database ManagementTools, HTML, XML, multiple Operating Systems, C Shell, JSON Cloud Administration)to:
- LoadGeospatial data into Geospatial databases and into disk storage.
- ExtractGeospatial data from relational Geospatial databases.
- Monitordata dissemination and performance activities on multiple security domainsproduced by NGA Production Systems.
- Trackand provide metrics on data holdings and quality issues
- AdministerBICES web server software
- Performquality assurance of all items transferred and loaded including text, images,hyperlinks, metadata, and HTML meta-tags and ensure that all items are properlypresented by the web browser
- ProvideData Transfer Officer (DTO) crisis support for NGA Focus Cells
- Ensure all required software,hardware, and DTO certification (training) are compliant with IntelligenceCommunity Standard 500 to perform GEOINT product retrieval, review, anddissemination functions.
- Perform market research for industry trends, newdevelopments and solutions applicable to NGA dissemination and NGA Storagearchitecture.
- Select, transfer and load itemsto NGA Gateway networks
- Select, transfer and load itemsfrom one security or network domain to another security or network domain
- Transfer selected items and loadto the correct location on the server, ensuring indexes, metadata and othersupporting information is updated as needed
- Capture, maintain and accumulatestatistics that show quantities and timelines for products and data transferredfrom one domain to anther domain
- Complete reviews daily for eachGEOINT transfer and ensure all GEOINT reports are posted within four hours ofreceipt.
- Complete Special data transferswithin one hour of receipt. Number of incoming reports and requests will varyfrom day to day.
- Review, transfer and post/loadGEOINT reports between ten unclassified/classified NGA networks (SBU, NIPRNet,SECNet, SIPRNet, BICES, InfoSharing, NGANet, JWICS, StoneGhost (two networks)).
- Specific performance activity:Collect, maintain and provide statistics related to quantities and timelinesfor products and data transferred to/from the ten networks (SBU, NIPRNet,SECNet, SIPRNet, BICES, InfoSharing, NGANet, JWICS, StoneGhost (two networks))on a weekly basis (minimum).
- Providecustomer support for web-based products
- Support Web Application Softwareand Databases
- Verifyincremental and full system backups and recovery are collected by ArcSightsoftware.
- Remotelyinstall software releases and upgrades on Windows machines.
- Createaccounts and set up user specific access.
- Ensurethe proper operation of DART Authentication via the DART web portal.
- Reviewsand transfers multiple GEOINT products for Analysts supporting crisis effortsfor the duration of an NGA approved crisis.
- Monitorchanges to Controlled Access Program Coordination Office (CAPCO) Markings andImplementation.
- Provide weekly status to ContentManagement & Services management detailing activities and accomplishments
- Coordinate with InfrastructureService Provider (ISP) regarding outages.
- Maintain applicationavailability.
- Provide data in response tocontent requests from the Office of International Affairs, Disclosure, Release,and Governance.
- Perform full system upgrades andmaintenance updates (Windows).
- Troubleshoot hardware issues and repair operating system(OS) issues. Any hardware replacementrecommendations are to be reported to the Government for resolution.
- Troubleshoot and maintainintegrity of Oracle databases (2).
- Support the integrity of thesystem through metrics collection on system errors, failures and downtime.Endpoints for metrics collections exist and will be a transition (knowledgetransfer) item.
- Maintain security posture tosupport system Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) continuous monitoringprocess.
- Respond to network issues thatadversely impact DART, by coordinating with the NGA/Transport team for resolution.
- Manage user account information.User account information will be a transition (hand-over) item.
- Evaluate and install securitypatches Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVAs).
- Create and ensure operation ofActive Directory (AD) and Domain Name Service (DNS). AD and DNS informationwill be a transition (hand-over) item.
- Creating solutions usingmulti-tiered systems and communication between components.
- Designing scripts usingUnix/Linux operating systems, Linux shell scripting, SQL, Storage Area Networksand Network Attached Storage, System and Storage architecture best practices.
- Tracking and providing metricson data holdings and quality issues.
- Building interfaces among COTSand GOTS tools to load data into databases and into disk storage and extractdata from databases.
- Monitoring and performingprocesses on multiple security domains to disseminate data produced by NGAProduction.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform thisjob successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily.)
- HighSchool Diploma/GED required
- Experience using Multi-tiered systems andcommunication between components
- Experience using Storage Area Networks and NetworkAttached Storage
- Experience using System and Storage architecturebest practices
- Experience implementing Current market solutions andthe applicability to NGA dissemination
- Experience using COTS and GOTS tools to load datainto databases and into disk storage and tools to extract data from databases
- Experience with Electronic Data Dissemination Policy,Processes & Concepts.
- Allrequired software, hardware, and DTO certification (training) compliant withIntelligence Community Standard 500
- TS/SCIclearance required
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Familiaritywith Web based technologies
- Familiaritywith Web authoring tools
- Familiaritywith Windows operating systems
- Database administration, to include workingknowledge in at least two of the following:Unix, Linux, SQL and/or Oracle.
- Web Service development Python programming languageApache Internet services
- Proficiency in HTML, XML, Java, JSON and C Shell
- Proficiency in Database Scripting.
- Musthave strong attention to detail
- Excellenttroubleshooting, organizational, and communication skills
- Planning & scheduling ofdatabase projects and resources.
- Abilityto perform Database Quality Assurance and Troubleshooting & Analysis.
- Ability to optimize system operations and resource utilization,and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Possesscomprehensive knowledge of the organization’s hardware, software, and networkcomponents in addition to knowledge of programming languages and operatingsystems, current equipment and technologies in use, enterprise backup andrecovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools
- Showsrespect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the valueof diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverseworkforce.
- Treatspeople with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Workswith integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
- Whileperforming the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sitand talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands tofinger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee isoccasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, orcrawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Thework environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Theemployee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment,with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- Duringvisits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weatherconditions. Is occasionally exposed tofumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal OpportunityEmployer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.