Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
The Montevideo Chancery Rehabilitation is a major rehab project; includes: renovating GWA and CAA areas; new utility building (NUB), upgrade of the chancery to meet life safety, accessibility, Diplomatic Security, and flood mitigation requirements; modifications to the perimeter wall and fences; hardscaping, landscaping and plantings.
The position functions as the Mechanical Inspector, providing OBO a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of Montevideo Major Rehabilitation Project in Montevideo, Uruguay. Responsible for performing technical inspections of mechanical work, monitoring the contractor's quality control program, preparing detailed cost estimates, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Inspection of mechanical systems (including but not limited to Building Automation System, air handling units, chillers, VAV systems, FCU systems, chilled piping, air duct systems, Fire sprinklers, and vertical transportation)
• Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent's area of expertise
• After problems are discovered, evaluate contractor's proposed remedy
• Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager
• Work on the Renovation site construction will be performed to U.S. standards; the incumbent should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures
• Performs commissioning tasks, including coordinating close outs and commissioning of systems
• Review and assist with the coordination and execution of testing and balancing of all systems associated with the commissioning process
• Performs additional duties at the Project Director's discretion
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have a Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of consideration
• Shall have a minimum of 7 years of on-site vertical construction experience (field inspection activities on buildings)
• An Associate degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience is required on construction projects of similar scope and value to the referenced project and shall have seen at least one project of similar scope to the project being supported through from start to completion in that capacity
• Design office experience shall not count toward an employee's experience
• Candidates proposed for inspector positions shall hold a 2 year Associate of Arts Degree or an Associate Technical Degree
• Possess excellent writing skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Work
• Have seven years of experience in commercial building construction and shall have seen at least one project of similar scope to the project being supported through from start to completion in that capacity
• Mechanical Inspector desired to have experience with BAS controls
• Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background
• Commercial construction required
• U.S. and International Mechanical Codes experience required
• Must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have a basic understanding of the principals of his/her engineering discipline and how it fits in with other architectural and engineering disciplines
• Must be able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Overseas experience is preferred
• U.S. Embassy construction program experience highly desired
WORK LOCATION: MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY (U.S. EMBASSY)
PROJECT DURATION: 24 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW-ON WORK WITHIN THE DoS PROGRAM
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled