Aerospace Source Inspector to support multiple suppliers in the New York, Long Island area.
NTS Unitek provides quality supply chain services including: quality engineering, auditing and inspection services for Aerospace clients worldwide.
We have an immediate need for a local, part-time, employee in the New York/Long Island area to perform aerospace source inspections on behalf of NTS Unitek and our Clients. Approximately 2-5 supplier visits per week.
- Must have aerospace inspection experience performing first articles per AS9102, in-process and final inspections.
- The ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings, specifications, geometric dimensioning and tolerances per ANSI/ASME Y 14.5.
- The ability to perform mechanical measurement for verifying the compliance of complex machined, formed, cast, forged, and assembled aircraft structure.
- The ability to support urgent production requirements with minimal advance notification (24-48 hour notice).
- Must be US Citizen
- 3+ years of hands-on aerospace industry experience required; working with AS9100 and AS9102.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen to support a government contractor.
- Must be able to pass visual acuity requirements.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Qualified applicants must provide a detailed resume reflecting the above job description, containing the needed skill sets and experience to be considered.
Preferred but not required:
- Current AS13001 Training Certificate
Name: Unitek Technical Services, Inc
Ph: (703) 961-9901