Apex Systems currently has a 4 month contract opening for a Materials Program Manager. Our client is looking for someone to manage the CTB ('clear to build') process with suppliers and JDM/CMs.
If interested, please send the most up to date copy of your resume to Amber Bayton – [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Title: Materials Program Manger
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Contract Duration: 4 months
Who You Are:
The Materials Program Manager will be in charge of ensuring efficient process and clear visibility on procurement strategy. Your successful ability to partner with OEMs and the sourcing team on material strategy will directly impact product success.
- Clear-to-Build (CTB) Management: provide visibility to materials supply, highlighting projected coverage, constraints, shortages within lead-time. CTB projections govern are key input to quantity projections and business commitment to sales/channels
- Partner with the CM to develop a model that incorporates the specific supply chain and materials flow details to project availability in support of our supply/demand goals
- Partner with demand planning team to create allocation strategies between SKUs or programs for constrained materials
- Identify E & O and other material risk, recommend critical course of action and own the efforts to mitigate liability to the business.
- Develop strategic roadmap for the phase?out of obsolete parts and new product materials
- Prepare and communicate critical Materials updates at weekly Materials reviews and NPR (New Product Reviews); maintain executive reports and summaries, providing accurate and timely data to cross-functional teams and leadership on a weekly basis
- Through a deep understanding of our commodity terms, ensure the logistical flow of materials necessary to meet production schedules, inventory control requirements, and ongoing material line support
- Working knowledge of electronic technologies, products, and tools
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maximize internal resources
- Excellent capability in excel
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in the consumer electronics industry and has helped launch at least 2 hardware products
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178