Primetals Technologies is a joint venture of two powerful companies in the metals industry, Siemens VAI Metals Technologies and Mitsubishi-Hitachi Metals Machinery. Operating globally, Primetals Technologies offers a world-class technology product portfolio to guarantee excellence in metals production across the entire value chain - from the raw materials to the finished product. We provide fully integrated new technology, automation and environmental solutions, high-end manufacturing capabilities and comprehensive life-cycle services. Becoming a member of the Primetals Technologies Team means that our customers can count on reliable and dedicated support to master the challenges facing the metals industry today and in the future. For our Employees, this means abundant
opportunities to gain challenging work experience and steady growth potential for their careers.
We are looking to hire for the position of Consulting Engineer/Sr. Mechanical Mills Engineer at the Canonsburg, PA facility reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager. The incumbent will plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate detailed phases of mechanical engineering work in part of a major project or in a total project of large to moderate scope for Steel and Aluminum manufacturers.
- Determines client requirements and develops specifications, drawings, instructions and related documents.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered and resolves situations relating to conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
- Ensures production of drawings, specifications, reports, and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements.
- Checks drawings for functionality, accuracy, ability to manufacture and assemble and for overall compliance with project requirements.
- Prepares sketches, general arrangement drawings and performs calculation for a detailed segment of a project as well as the bills of materials and detailed drawings.
- Prepares technical specifications for review and approval.
- Evaluates vendor bids and drawings to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of project.
- Reviews and monitors subcontracted technical services and activities.
- May schedule, coordinate and monitor the activities of lower-level engineers and designers, assisting with a part of a major project to ensure timely production of design steps and processes.
- Assists in shop inspection of equipment as required.
- Assists or leads the field erection and/or commissioning efforts on a specific project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Works closely and independently with proposal department in developing Proven Engineered solutions per customer inquiries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ten to fifteen years of Mechanical design experience within the metals industry. Strong emphasis on Process Line Design.
- Detailed knowledge of engineering principles, calculation methods, and metals related equipment design, equipment selection and function. Strong emphasis on Process Lines (Galvanizing and/or Pickling)
- Knowledge of computer systems associated with discipline including 3D Solid Edge and 2DAutoCad.
- Ability to lead others and work with all groups within and outside of organization.
- Experience with ANSYS Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Software, a plus.
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of benefits starting with first day of employment, including a 6% match on the 401(k) plan. Relocation is available to candidates based on experience and position. Visit primetals.com!
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Name: Cathy Martin