Location - Springfield, VA
- Manage on-site and off-site hazardous material activities including development and oversight of programs.
- Conduct required environmental and safety analysis, observations, and surveillances.
- Evaluates results of internal and external assessments and makes recommendations as necessary for maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Conducts ESOH training for employees performing under this contract.
- Maintain a written Environmental Compliance plan that will address the approach to complying with ISO 14001:2004.
- Responsible for maintaining the Spill plan and providing all training and reporting in accordance with the plan.
- Will ensure contract compliance with installation, state and federal environmental regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Biology or Chemistry.
- Five (5) years’ related work experience. (Certifications such as Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Registered Environmental Manager (REM) or equivalent NREP Certification may be substituted.)
- Good communications and analytical skills; Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the environmental and safety compliance fields.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft - Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI w/poly is preferred.
- Hazardous Materials Management System software knowledge a plus.
For immediate consideration please send your updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178