Arconic iscurrently in search of a MechanicalEngineer to jointheir team in Davenport, Iowa!
Arconic(NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working inclose partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challengesto transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity ofour people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver theseproducts at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success andshareholder value.
Since itopened in 1948, Arconic’ s Davenport aluminum facility has been at theforefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the MississippiRiver in Iowa, the plant employs over 2,500 people and is a focal point of theglobal aluminum industry, with 20 percent of revenues coming from exports.Through continued modernization, including a $300 million investment toincrease automotive sheet production, Davenport has maintained its position asthe world’s premier aerospace supply plant and is today a hub of Arconic’ s $4billion aerospace business.
TheMechanical Engineer will provide mechanical engineeringservices to the Ingot department to safely meet Arconic’ s business plan byproviding support to production, maintenance, and engineering. In this role, you will serve as a criticalteam member in the efficiency, output, and quality of our processes and will beresponsible for mechanical systems safely integrated with manufacturing, alongwith upgrades of existing equipment.
Otherduties will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Coordinateall phases of assigned area mechanical engineering projects from concept, scopedevelopment, written specifications, bid solicitations, design, manufacturing,equipment commissioning, and project closure
- Focuson tactical projects in the areas of safety, recovery improvement, machinereliability, training, and production
- Utilizeproject management tools for coordinating efforts on process improvements; includingcapital improvement and sustaining projects, and will support and lead theexecution of problem solving efforts related to process and machineimprovements
- Althoughthe person in this position works primarily daytime shifts M-F, it is expectedthat they work off-shifts and/or weekends as needed to support the functions ofthis role.
- Bachelor’sdegree in Mechanical Engineering or Ag Engineering from an accreditedinstitution
- Minimum1 years’ experience in a manufacturing industry (co-op and internships may beincluded)
- Experienceinterpreting design of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and/or utility systemsfor machine understanding and performing improvement modifications
- Excellentverbal & written communication skills with the ability to work &interact at all levels of an organization
- Thisposition is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)which requires U.S. person status. ITARdefines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘GreenCard Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employeesmust be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification ofemployment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorshipis not available for this position.
- 3years Manufacturing experience in the non-ferrous cast house
- Experiencewith specific direct chill ingot tooling, molten metal furnaces, castingcylinders, metal treatment and related systems
- Motioncontrol understanding and ability to troubleshoot electro-mechanical andelectro-hydraulic systems
- Workingknowledge of fits and tolerances. (i.e. GD&T)
- Experienceleading mechanical projects
- Proficiencywith Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)