The Agriculture industry is thriving on the use of advancements in Technology. Farmers can now control and gather information from equipment like tractors, applicators, satellites, drones, and field sensors remotely and in “real time” using PCs, Tablets and Smart Phones. And the data obtained from sources like farm and geospatial analysis provides the ability to predict outcomes and make recommendations like never before. Our new product – AgVerdict – accomplishes this and more, utilizing the latest and greatest technology – empowering farmers to raise their crops more efficiently, while generating the most amount of revenue in a sustainable way.
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
We are looking for someone with exceptional design and implementation skills, have good communication skills and the ability to take challenging feature development. The candidate must have the ability to provide elegant solutions to complex problems, balancing features and performance. Candidates must also have an operational focus, evaluating system performance, designing and evaluating system metrics and driving quality improvement.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Understands different programming paradigms (OOP, Functional)
- Overall 2+ Years Full-Stack Development expertise
- Good understanding of OOD, SOA and Iterative development process
- Experience with some of the other technologies we are using are Objective-C/ Swift, AWS, Geospatial Mapping, docker, GPU/CUDA programming will be a plus
- BS in Comp Science or Equivalent
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team in diverse environment
- Experience and desire to work in a global delivery environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to facilitate troubleshooting
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Develop and foster a culture of quality software development
- Interact with business and technical teams to understand requirements, create stories, and design tests
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and high quality software components
- Work with customer service and quality assurance teams (both local and offshore) to move software through the pipeline to the customer
- Communicate effectively with leadership and stakeholders regarding all facets of the software lifecycle
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience and other factors
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.