Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle's CBRNE Defense Business Unit located in Charlottesville, VA is seeking an aerospace engineer who possesses a strong background in analysis-of systems, ideally military ground systems. The successful candidate will conduct analyses or advanced technologies to support scientific and technical assessments of military ground forces research, systems, and operations for U.S. Government clients.
This position is located at a Government installation in Charlottesville, VA.
Tasks will include providing all-source assessments, responding to requests for information, entering data into databases, and contributing to Government products such as briefings, assessments, and reports. The candidate must possess an active TS/SCI level U.S. Government security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience analyzing capabilities of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and helicopter materials and structures.
- Experience in modeling techniques for determining aerodynamic performance
- Proficient in computer-aided design (CAD).
- Currently possesses a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Willingness to work in small groups or independently as necessary.
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering with 0-3 years of experience.
- Experience in characterization of system design and performance, prediction of future capabilities and effectiveness, technology, materials, subsystems and components, and the effects these factors have on aircraft technical/tactical capabilities.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art emergent UAV and sUAS technologies.
- Experience working with UAV related third-party software (specifically related to Group 1-3 systems 0-1320lbs)
- Experience with all-source assessments for intelligence agencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers