Why Join Altec?
Building on over 85 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec is currently recruiting Engineering Co-ops for a one semester commitment, from July -December 2019. Positions are located at the Altec Midwest Facility in St. Joseph, MO. Altec provides housing as well as a competitive hourly wage.
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
Pursuing Engineering degree in one of the following majors:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Material Science Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Completion of Dynamics & Statics Classes preferred.
Coops will be placed into the design or manufacturing groups and treated like full-time associates. They will have projects assigned by the mangers and work side by side full-time associates. Lead and participate in Lean/Continuous Improvement events.
Manufacturing Co-ops will be focused on implementing lean manufacturing principles. Altec utilizes the RCI(Rapid Continuous Improvement or KAIZEN) process to implement change. The co-ops will be members and leaders of these teams throughout the 8 months at Altec. In addition to RCI’s, major projects will be assigned such as:
- Layout of a plant to add additional machinery (lasers, press brake and lathe)
- Improving efficiencies in the fiberglass plant through RCI events, design changes and rearranging the layout of the facility
Design Co-ops will work on projects in the testing facility. Projects may include:
- Member of a new product development team assisting in the design of a new product
- Testing- strain gauge and structural testing of a new design
- Supporting production on prototype units after the initial design has been completed
- Participating in a project with another full time engineer which consists of redesigning an entire hydraulic system for a current design.
Composites Co-ops will help design/development process, launch innovative engineered composite products and work directly with our suppliers.
- Lead design/development and coordinate through manufacturing launch.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with cutting-edge composite materials and processes.
- Keep current on new materials and processing.
- Composite supplier development: Direct raw material and project in/outsourcing.
- Project and Engineer Management: Responsibly manage time and project schedule.
Sponsorships not available.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.