The IE Sustaining Engineering team is seeking an experienced Lab Technician, who will play a key role in supporting existing products and assisting team members with developing engineering solutions. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers and other lab technicians for testing, validation, and the quality of various IE products. He or she will perform required lab tests and maintain all applicable documentation, including: Engineering, Reliability and Third Party testing. Ability to diagnose and correct issues arising in prototypes and released product is expected. They will also occasionally work with manufacturing to assist with solving problems related to production of existing products, and with service related issues. Responsibilities will include support engineering and some development of existing welding and induction products.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams
- Run engineering tests (heat tests, VA curves, abnormal tests, third party certification testing, PCBA testing)
- The ability to diagnose and correct issues arising in units from production, lab and reliability tests required. (Work with production, service, engineering and marketing to solve field issues related to reliability and customer satisfaction)
- Conduct CSA, CAN/CSA-E60974, CE, etc. tests and work with the Third-Party Coordinator to construct and create third party reports
- Assistance with maintaining the lab area and improvements to the lab
- Two-year technical degree in electronics, electro-mechanical or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in engineering product development and/or support is required.
- First-hand knowledge of IEC and CSA certification requirements and hands-on experience with IEC and CSA testing and technical report preparation is not required, but preferred
- The individual should have a good understanding of inverter topologies and wirefeeders.
- Candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude, high motivation and excellent interpersonal skills who works well in a business unit team environment with minimum supervision.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Macola and ability to write accurate and concise reports is required. Limited travel may be required.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks is not required, but preferred