**If interested in this opportunity please send updated resume to Natasha Thomas at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] **
Job Title: Telecommunications Engineer
Location: 6929 N Lakewood Ave Tulsa Oklahoma USA 74117
Contract: 12+ Months
Perform equipment engineering responsibilities for layer-2/3 data equipment in Client’s Data Network. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform quality reviews on Detail Engineering and Installation Specification packages before release to the field to be used by Install, Test, and Operations teams for installation.
- Create Installation Specifications (installation instructions, power, grounding, electrical/copper, and fiber optic cable running lists, bill of materials, etc.) for use by Install, Test, and Operations teams.
- Develop Bill of Materials (network equipment, racks/cabinets, ancillary hardware, cabling, connectors, etc.).
- Order equipment, cables, and ancillary materials.
- Update/maintain engineering and inventory database
- Project Manage multiple projects at the same time, ensuring projects stay on and meet target, providing weekly reporting to management.
- Coordinate with Planning, Capacity Engineering, Program Management, and Implementation/Install teams to obtain pre-engineering information and engineering support.
- Create, update, and maintain Equipment Master Specifications for First Office Application projects and new technologies being introduced into Verizons networks.
- Create, update, and maintain network/equipment/connectivity diagrams and drawings.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, operational standards, and service level agreements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 5+ years of job-related technical experience such as: Physical Network Implementation skills supporting Data Center environments, Fiber, Relay Rack and Power needs.
- Solid understanding of IP/telecom networks and technologies, equipment designs, configuration procedures, and inventory databases is required.
- Experience working with Vendor contracts, Purchase Orders, and Service orders.
- Must have very strong organizational skills
- able to work on multiple, often conflicting, priorities to successful completion.
- Strong technical and project management capabilities as well as excellent PC and software application skills including Windows and MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.) needed.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications are a must.
- Auto-CAD and Visio experience are preferred
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178