Investigates, and determines solutions to electrical problems; coordinates testing, installation, and maintenance of electrical components, equipment, and systems following accepted professional principles or established practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides functional guidance to electrical personnel to solve plant electrical problems as required in the maintenance of plant electrical and electronic equipment.
- Develops information and makes recommendations to the Plant Management Team for the purchase of equipment, components, and systems.
- Designs electrical equipment, components, and systems for manufacturing or other plant purposes.
- Develops and directs the application of controls, instruments, and systems.
- Creates sketches of electrical layouts and wiring diagrams.
- Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and/or manufacturer's requirements.
- Maintains records; arranges and documents information and prepares various statistical and other reports as required.
- Obtains information relative to types and cost of equipment for use of other Plant Engineering or maintenance personnel in development, construction, installation, and layout work.
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in plant installations.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and equipment programming tasks: E., Rockwell Automation Studio-5000, Factory-Talk, Compact-Logix, and Auto-CAD, to name a few.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience and/or training in an industrial environment.
- Auto-Cad proficiency is required.
- Knowledge of legacy solutions such as SLC-500s, PLC-5 is required.
- Knowledge of Siemens PLCs and drives is highly preferred.
- Experience with Level-2 solutions is highly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must be computer literate and able to work with programs such as Word, Excel, etc., and be able to use programs such as E-Mail, established programs, etc.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Must possess a valid driver's license for business travel, such as customer visits, to attend required meetings, seminars, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary position; use and position objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and communicate. The employee frequently is required to be in a stationary position and l. The employee is occasionally required to move; ascend/descend or balance; and move into small spaces.
The employee must occasionally move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Name: PTC Alliance Corp