Senior Telecommunications Engineer
System One is currently seeking an Senior Telecommunications Engineer on a 12 month contract position located in Reno, NV.
The Senior Network Engineer will design, implement, and enhance utility’s telecommunication transport network – Carrier Ethernet, IP/MPLS, SONET/TDM, DACS; Provide professional Telecom system engineering services associated with electric power and distribution system.
Senior Telecommunications Engineer Responsibilities:
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to utilities’ communication network design and implementation – Fiber optical network, microwave network, MAS radio network, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to communication network and SCADA/RTU implementation
- Design and integrate new RTUs install with the existing SCADA/RTU/EMS system
- Designs the end-to-end communication network including wireless, wireline, optical network for RTU communications
- Create design package for implementation, including panel layout, wiring diagram, RTU point list, and network connectivity circuit diagram
- Interface with various energy delivery departments including Distribution, Transmission, and System Control
- Support company-wide project activities related to design and installation of communication network
- Propose budget recommendations for future and on-going maintenance projects
- Recommend standards related to the utility’s communication network
- Analyze system problems and recommend solutions
- Provide support for third-level troubleshooting
- Write RFPs for equipment procurement and competitive bidding
- Propose projects to improve SCADA/RTU system reliability, and participate in planning network expansion, upgrades, and replacement as a team member
- Understand and comply with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to the position and Company
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Delivery engineering design package on time
Senior Telecommunications Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science with combined 7 years of experience in telecommunications, IP/MPLS networking, or utility SCADA/RTU design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of circuit design - Ethernet, MPLS, SONET, TDM, multiplexing DS3/ T1s
- Demonstrate knowledge of design and construction of microwave and fiber optical communication system
- Familiar with SCADA/RTU equipment suppliers and their current offerings
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Equipment and Applications
PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Must have a valid drivers license
Location: Reno, NV
Duration: 12 months
Pay Rate: $40-47.75/hr
Name: Nicole Pequeno