Requisition ID: 11736
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Develop & Optimize Equipment Maintenance Plans
- Inspection Routes
- Time and Condition Based Maintenance
- Use of Predictive Maintenance Techniques
- Facilitation of Equipment Maintenance Plan Development with Maintenance and Operations Team Member
- Provides Engineering Support for the Maintenance Team
- Subject Matter Expert for Reliability Engineering practices
- Initiates Root Cause Analysis of equipment failures and major breakdowns
- Identifies and proposes solutions for repeat equipment failures and unplanned downtime events
- Participates in execution of critical equipment inspections and analysis
- Analyzes Equipment Data, recommended maintenance plans, drawings, etc.
- Writes technically based Equipment Maintenance Plans
- Performs tracking and trending of equipment maintenance performance
- Updates drawings and technical documentation
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensures working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001:2015/IATF 16949 and ISO 14001:2015
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or combination of post-seconday education and experience working in a Mechanical Reliability role
- 2+ years engineering experience in heavy industry required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mechanical Engineering practices
- Maintenance Knowledge of heavy industrial equipment
- Technical knowledge of
- Rotational equipment; mechanical power transmission, drive shafts, bearings, couplings
- Hydraulic systems; cylinders, servo valves, piping, hose connections, filtration, etc.
- Lubrication systems; centralized oil and grease systems, lubrication practices, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Practices
- Knowledge of Predictive Maintenance techniques and analysis
- RCM practitioner experience
- High level of organizational skills
- Technical Writing skills
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude
- Microsoft Office
- Statistical Data Analysis
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-289-3000 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.