If you are an experienced Tool Designer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Tool Designer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Tool Designer will include:
- Plans, coordinates, develops and procures new concepts and designs for tooling to facilitate the implementation of new and revised products into the core manufacturing processes.
- Applies necessary Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance and uses technical judgment and past experience to evaluate various designs while maintaining and supporting current operations.
- The work typically involves less-complex fixtures, gauges, and tooling, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic engineering.
- This role participates in design reviews and modifies design based on feedback, supports and coordinates with the craftsmen building the tools and gauges, and maintains the tooling database library.
- Receives input from senior designers or engineers.
- Works with cross functional teams to design new tooling.
- Participates in multifunctional design review to understand the product design intention and manufacturing processes.
- Provides consultation and recommendations to less experienced designers and engineers.
- Participates in tooling construction problem solving efforts.
- Designs and creates 3 Dimensional (3D) models of tooling components and assemblies with the direction of the manufacturing engineer and tooling design supervisor.
As a Tool Designer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Responsible for the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, carts, racks, material handling equipment and lifting devices.
- Utilize Creo and other engineering standards to provide these designs.
- 4+ years’ experience in the design of assembly tooling, weld tooling, material handling equipment and lifting devices
- 3+ years’ experience utilizing Creo modeling or equivalent
- Working knowledge of welding processes, manufacturing processes, factory operations, and the ability to read and understand weld drawings and assembly drawings
- Excellent communicator, who thrives on problem solving and working in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree
- Safety shoes with internal metatarsal protection.
- A strong candidate will also have hands on experience working in a tool shop as machinist or toolmaker.
- Any 1st hand experience with agricultural equipment or related agricultural experience would be beneficial.
As a Tool Designer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Tool Designer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Name: Bartech Resumes