ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Level II)
Ste. Genevieve Cement Plant
2942 US Hwy 61, Bloomsdale, MO 63627
The Electrical Engineer II is responsible for plant process control system [PCS] specification, application programming, testing, commissioning and maintenance. The incumbent applies the PCS as a tool for improvement of plant performance including rate, availability, OEE and MTBF. Other responsibilities include facilitating use of the PCS as a resource for Process, Maintenance, Production, Shipping, Environmental and Quality Departments.
- Prevent downtime due to faults; continuous improvement to HMI and programming to both extend life of existing PCS and facilitate eventual replacement.
- Support installation of new plant equipment from conception to operation. Assure integration of new systems into plant operations.
- Use of the PCS to provide information for management or other reporting functions (high degree of involvement with environmental reporting and permit compliance)
- Work closely with Process Engineers to analyze, improve and document all aspects of operations.
- Responsible for integration, maintenance and application of systems such as LINKman, as well as incorporation of equipment areas previously outside PCS scope, conversion of relay logic systems and replacement or integration of PLCs.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Work closely with production, quarry, maintenance and quality teams to provide leadership, guidance, and direction for plant operations to ensure alignment with plant and company goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Electrical Engineering
Required Work Experience: 5-7 Years of management experience in the cement or similar industrial facility
Travel Requirements: Some travel required
Required Computer and Software Skills: SAP experience strongly desired
- Extensive knowledge of high and low voltage power distribution systems, weighing and batching systems, PLC control and machinery interlocking systems, variable speed drives and motor control systems
- Working knowledge of PLC programming and process control systems is preferred (ControlLogix, PLC-5 and SLC 500). Experience in instrumentation, motors, starters and VFD’s, communication networks (Modbus, Modbus Plus, Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, etc). Experience in working with voltage up to 14kV
- Experience with Rockwell software - preferred
- Used to developing and working within revenue and capital budgets
- Able to make decisions on electrical safety matters
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- High initiative, self-starter
- Strong planning and organizing abilities