Requisition ID: 12285
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Design, implement, and test changes to HDGL Level 2 and HMI systems
- Coordinate, train, troubleshoot, and design changes to Level 2 systems and infrastructure
- Analyze and improve alarm system
- Develop dedicated HMI screens for fault messaging and interlocks for each production section
- Develop and optimize event logger in Wonderware HMI
- Integrate software, servers, databases, HMI systems, data acquisition, SIS, communication interfaces and network equipment in process control systems
- Ensure and optimize availability, performance, quality, and cost of process control systems
- Maintain and tune process models and technological tables
- Conduct regular analysis and create reports for the maintenance and production processes concerning production disturbances, costs, quality, availability, weak spot analysis, and continuous improvement
- Manage assigned process automation projects
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 17025:2017
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or combination of post-secondary education and related experience
- Experience in software development (e.g. C++, Assembly language/machine code)
- Exposure to automation systems and shop floor processes in Steel manufacturing
- Experience with hardware tuning and troubleshooting a plus
- Demonstrated analytical and logical skills
- Self-starter with proactive attitude
- Structured approach and attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-289-3000 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.