Position Summary: This position will be responsible for performing software development tasks for use in agricultural systems including but not limited to enhancing our abandonment application to better capture early and late field abandonments due to alternative crops, help move our existing Ag dashboards built with PowerBI to our new on-premises solution, build interfaces as needed to eliminate redundant entries when spraying for Orange/Brown Rust, optimizing business processes and continuous improvement initiatives, etc. Must be a highly motivated and energetic student who enjoys a challenge and is seeking experience in an agricultural environment.
- Enhance our abandonment applications.
- Interact with Farm Managers to successfully capture information needed for our Ag database.
- Move existing Ag dashboards built with PowerBI into new on-premises solution.
- Build interfaces as needed to eliminate redundant entries.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in College/University majoring in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
- Must have a basic understanding of object oriented programming concepts and working knowledge of the database structured query language (SQL)
- Must have a basic operational proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, as well as knowledge of general office equipment, including, but not limited to: printers, fax machines, copiers, scanners and digital photography.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills by using open communication, relationship building, cultural diversity, time management and decision making skills.
- Must pass a Drug Test and other pre-employment background screening.
- Must successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee work is conducted in an environmentally controlled office atmosphere, using repetitive motions while seated in front of a computer for long periods of time
- May be expected to work in conditions which may be rainy, hot, humid, dusty, etc. depending on the weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Duties of this job are also performed outside in an agricultural environment.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Work entails continuous exposure to such things as dust, fumes, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This description supersedes and previous or undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or change the duties for this position at any time.
Name: Kiara Dollar