CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
10 Hour, AH24C4 Maitenance - Instrument Depart
Engineering and Engineering Services
The Instrument and Electrical (I & E) Technician position is responsible for safely maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing the physical equipment in the plant safely, correctly, and efficiently. Technicians install, troubleshoot, service and perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment. The technician efficiently repairs, or if necessary, replaces the plant equipment in order to permit the plant to operate on a continuous basis. They also install, service, test and calibrate high-voltage electrical systems and various other electronic equipment. The I & E Technician meets this responsibility by understanding and adhering to standard I & E procedures and techniques.
- Requires installation, repair and maintenance of all process controls; analyzing systems and electrical systems.
- Dismantles, cleans, replaces parts, assembles and calibrates pneumatic and electronic instruments.
- Determines causes for malfunctioning instruments and takes appropriate action to correct trouble.
- Reads electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Installs, alters and repairs electrical systems which includes installing conduit, pulling wire through conduit, making proper connections, determining and correcting electrical malfunctions in equipment and electrical control devices.
- Candidates must follow all safety rules and keep work areas in clean condition.
- AA Degree or Technical Certificates and/or licenses preferred.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or equivalent combination of work experience and technical training required, and can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must have basic skills from several of the major standard industrial I & E skills including electrical AC/DC voltage, PLC, pneumatic control valves and systems, basic electronics, motor control systems and process control systems.
- Experience in 480-volt to 4160-volt electrical systems desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships with maintenance and operations personnel in a team environment.
- The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs), and the ability to lift 80 lbs. occasionally.
- Microsoft Office software knowledge.
- The job occasionally requires overtime and call-outs on weekends, nights and holidays.
- Works in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK