CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
8 Hour, AH22C1 Maintenance - I&E
Engineering and Engineering Services
This position is responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of instruments, automation systems and electrical distribution systems at the Verdigris Plant. This entails troubleshooting in the following areas to ensure safe and efficient plant operations; electronic instrumentations/DCS, electrical distribution, pneumatic/hydraulic control systems and control valves.
- Always work in a safe manner. Participate in site safety meetings, close hazard ID and near miss safety programs.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot and repair electronic instruments (DP cells, pressure transmitters, thermocouples, torque tubes, data loggers, electronic controllers and alarm/safety systems) in all areas of the plant.
- Tune control loops, repair/rebuild valves, actuators and pneumatic positioners to maximize the inherent safety, efficiency and on stream factor for the facility.
- Troubleshoot, install and maintain electrical systems and motors that operate at voltages up to and including 4160 VAC.
- Participate in HAZOPs, management of change processes and procurement activities related to the design/maintenance of the I & E infrastructure.
- Assist in the installation, commission, start-up and documentation of sustaining and capital projects within all areas of the plant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally carry up to 100 lbs.
- Tasks performed while lifting: Moving valves, controls, tools, test equipment, cables, bundles of wires, switchgears and motors
- Adverse environmental conditions Occasional exposure and/or proximity to: extreme temperatures (above 100° F) vibration
- Occasional exposure and/or proximity to:
- extreme temperatores (above 100 F)
- limited ventilation
- other potential hazards.
Frequent exposure and/or proximity to:
- noise sufficient enough to require shouting to be heard
- moving mechanical parts
- electrical current
- working on scaffolding or in high places
- chemicals (ammonia, chlorine, carbon dioxide, refrigerants, cleaning fluids, and solvents)
- fumes, odors, mists and gases
- oils (penetrating oils, lubricating oils, and refrigerant oils)
- Possession of a High School Diploma/GED or an Associate’s degree in Electronics or Instrumentation. Apprenticeship program with a minimum of two (2) years of on the job training is acceptable.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with installing, calibrating, troubleshooting and maintaining process instrumentation for measuring and controlling flow, pressure, temperature and level.
- Safety conscious, self-motivated, proficient communication skills, exceptional work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Exposure to HART instrumentation, digital valve positioners, Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Burner Management Systems (BMS) desired
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must successfully obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential card (TWIC)
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK