IL Oak Brook
Supply Chain Management
Job Posting Title:
Project Manager, Engineering
Leads the Engineering Function across multiple sites. Assists in developing long term capital plan and initiatives as required, for assigned sites; manages assigned site's cash flow; accountable for assigned site's capital project delivery; manages direct, dotted line, and contract resources; and determines the optimized technical and business solutions that will continue to separate Treehouse foods from our competition. The Project Manager (PM) will provide technical support to both plant and division functions including: plant operations, reliability, environmental health and safety, sustainability, quality, innovation, sales and marketing, finance, continuous improvement and maintenance teams. The PM will lead the flawless execution of multiple, simultaneous capital projects with combined budgets of up to $5m in capital.
Leadership of the key project phases: scoping, approval, final engineering/design, equipment selection and procurement, construction, and CQV. Ensures cash flow is managed for assigned sites and projects.Leads, develops and implements projects according to site master plans.Keeps current with latest food processing technology and industry standards.Keeps current with latest industry regulations and codes relative to food processing equipment system design and operation.
- Helps develop long term and annual site capital plans.
- Managing assigned capital cash flow.
- Ensuring on time delivery of key project initiatives.
- Leading, growing, and developing internal and external talent. Proactively manages key equipment supplier relationships.
- Management of direct, dotted line, and contract resources.
- Generation and implementation of capital and non-capital solutions that will increase employee safety, further drive our environmental agenda, improve asset reliability, improve food safety and food quality, increase operational effectiveness, and drive top line (innovation ) and bottom line (cost savings) growth.
- On-site troubleshooting and or technical support of priority operational opportunities. Includes the ability to lead and participate in root cause problem solving exercises in high pressure environment to arrive at and implement the correct technical solution.
- Ability to provide feasibility level estimates.
- Will lead project teams from concept phase through commissioning, qualification, and validation (CQV).
- Lead the development and presentation of capital authorization papers that are complete, clear, concise, and reflecting thorough due diligence to ensure project success. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting plant, TreeHouse, and industry best-in-class practices
- Physical location and general arrangement placements
- Process Flow Diagrams & Mass Balances
- Line design and determination of operational factors
- Utility and infrastructure requirements and needs assessment
- Development of capital project cost estimates
- Development of project schedule, from concept to completion
- Equipment / System Performance criteria
- Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and Opportunities
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering
- Minimum of 5 -10 years of experience in food manufacturing systems.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment with multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of standard plant utility systems.
- Proven project engineering and engineering management experience.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement applications in engineering design.
- Working knowledge of sanitary equipment design.
- Proven effectiveness in working collaboratively within a matrix organization.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, technical analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Basic AutoCAD skills. Able to view drawings and make minor changes.
- Must be willing to travel (up to 50%).
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Name: TreeHouse Foods, Inc.