Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Aerospace Mechanical Engineering Fellows in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ).
The client is seeking a few Senior DoD Mechanical Engineering Fellows with expertise in high speed mechanism design and architecture. The chosen candidate be accountable for providing technical leadership and advice with various groups including mechanical, electrical, software, integration, etc., risk management, system integration into the overall final assembly, creation and implementation of design and development strategy.
- Will be responsible for developing technical solutions for a wide range of moving element challenges, such as aerodynamic steering, thrust vectoring, attitude and divert maneuvering, pointing, and stabilizing of systems & subsystems
- Responsibility extends across the entire life cycle of the product, from conceptualizing and design, to prototyping and manufacturing, integration and verification testing, through production support
- The candidate will be expected to apply sound mechanical engineering principles to solve complex system problems while teaming with a cross-discipline team including electrical engineering, systems engineering, flight science, manufacturing engineering, supply chain and others
- Responsibilities will also include requirements development and comprehension, concept development, trade study evaluation, 3D modeling support, free body diagram generation, first order structural and thermal analysis, gear analysis, material assessment and selection, datum selection and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, tolerance analysis, margin analysis, support of drawing development, support of manufacturing process and build tooling development, support of test process and test equipment development and participation in design reviews
- Will work internally across disciplines as well as externally with suppliers
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Aerospace or similar field
- Minimum of 12-25+ years of experience with providing leadership and program management and engineering in the expertise in the design of high-speed moving mechanisms, and actuator design
- Design of propulsions, wings, thrustors, etc.
- Actuation high speed design and architect experience for aerospace applications such as rockets, spacecraft, missiles, jet, etc.
- Hypersonic and/or subsonic experience would be ideal
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Proficient in product life cycles (requirement generation, documentation, production, process control, fielding a product)
- Proficient in generating free body diagrams
- Moderate 3D modeling skills with a prominent commercial software package
- Proficient in leading a cross functional teams
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Preferred experience and skills, but not necessarily required:
- MS degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
- Proven ability to deconstruct higher level tasks into discrete lower level work packages and tasks
- Proven experience on Failure Investigation Teams with FRACAS/FRB/FR/A/CA
- Experience with Pro/Engineer/CREO 3D modeling and mechanical drawing generation
- Experience using MATLAB, Simulink, and dSpace
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.