LafargeHolcim is a world leader in the building materials industry with assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has around 80,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 80 countries. In the United States, LafargeHolcim companies include close to 350 sites in 43 states and employ 7,000 people.
We need talented, energetic people with the vision to help us in developing innovative solutions which benefit our customers and the communities we serve. We offer great career opportunities with mobility, a culture of responsibility and excellence, as well as comprehensive training programs and competitive compensation - all key reasons to join our expanding operation.
We believe our employees are our most important asset. We offer outstanding career opportunities, family friendly benefit packages and workplace wellness programs, so you’ll have the resources, support and benefits you’ll need throughout your LafargeHolcim career. For consideration, please apply to the job ad.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER II
Local relocation assistance available. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Ste Gen Cement Plant 2942 US Highway 61, Bloomsdale, Missouri 63627
The Mechanical Engineer will perform design work associated with plant projects, development of new equipment and upgrading of existing equipment to optimise plant operation, increase capacity and improve reliability.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Create safe job procedures for new employees.
- Participate in the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs), lubrication schedules, spares requirements and bills of materials (BOMs) for new equipment.
- Provide technical expertise to all process areas.
- Prepare cost estimates and justifications for the capital plan.
- Planning, budgeting, scheduling and efficient execution of plant projects.
- Interface with contractors utilized in plant and project work, including solicitation of quotations, selection and field direction.
- Interface with vendors, including evaluation of equipment and recommendation of plant items for procurement.
- Assistance with preventative/predictive maintenance programs (Inspection, Vibration, Oil Analysis, NDT, etc.) to ensure optimum equipment availability.
- Analysis and elimination of repetitive problems through root cause analysis, Paretos, statistical review, FMEA and similar techniques.
- Assist with facilitation of continuous improvement processes such as RCA, FMEA, etc.
- Responsible for communicating maintenance engineering improvement needs within the facility to the maintenance manager.
- Assist with planning and supervision of plant outages.
- Work with area leaders and warehouse staff to optimise spares inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Works closely with the equipment suppliers, plant staff and Process Area Teams to ensure the successful operation of the plant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Mechanical Engineering
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years in heavy industrial mechanical maintenance, mechanical project work, plant construction or supervision.
Additional Requirements: Expertise in heavy industrial hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems and knowledge of the cement manufacturing process is preferred.
Required Computer and Software Skills: SAP, Autocad, Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)