Below is Job Description
Title: Telecommunications Engineer
Duration: 12+ Months (Potential for Extension)
Location: Tulsa, OK
Perform equipment engineering responsibilities for layer-2/3 data equipment in Client's Data Network. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform quality reviews on Detail Engineering and Installation Specification packages before release to the field to be used by Install, Test, and Operations teams for installation.
- Create Installation Specifications (installation instructions, power, grounding, electrical/copper, and fiber optic cable running lists, bill of materials, etc.) for use by Install, Test, and Operations teams.
- Develop Bill of Materials (network equipment, racks/cabinets, ancillary hardware, cabling, connectors, etc.).
- Order equipment, cables, and ancillary materials.
- Update/maintain engineering and inventory database.
- Project Manage multiple projects at the same time, ensuring projects stay on and meet target, providing weekly reporting to management.
- Coordinate with Planning, Capacity Engineering, Program Management, and Implementation/Install teams to obtain pre-engineering information and engineering support.
- Create, update, and maintain Equipment Master Specifications for First Office Application projects and new technologies being introduced into Client's networks.
- Create, update, and maintain network/equipment/connectivity diagrams and drawings.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, operational standards, and service level agreements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 5+ years of job-related technical experience such as: Physical Network Implementation skills supporting Data Center environments, Fiber, Relay Rack and Power needs.
- Solid understanding of IP/telecom networks and technologies, equipment designs, configuration procedures, and inventory databases is required.
- Experience working with Vendor contracts, Purchase Orders, and Service orders.
- Must have very strong organizational skills - able to work on multiple, often conflicting, priorities to successful completion.
- Strong technical and project management capabilities as well as excellent PC and software application skills including Windows and MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.) needed.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications are a must.
- Auto-CAD and Visio experience are preferred