Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy North America is seeking an Energy Engineer - Entry Level to join our Program Development and Implementation team. The successful candidate will be responsible for quality control review of projects, pre- and post-installation for small and medium commercial customers in the Easy Bay. The program focuses on lighting, refrigeration and HVAC systems. This position requires a professional individual who is comfortable communicating with customers of all types. This position is based out of our Oakland, CA office.
Tasks May Include
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment within commercial businesses
- Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about the installed equipment or program information
- Interact with contractors to inform them of our rebates and incentive requirements and to address questions and program information
- Conduct facility walk-throughs to identify energy efficiency opportunities and generate corresponding energy efficiency proposal
- Conduct program presentations to inform customers of energy service offering
- Project management support
- Database management support
- Weekly, Monthly and annual reporting
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering is highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in energy efficiency or related field
- Familiarity with HVAC standards, technologies and controls
- Familiarity with Modified Lighting Calculator tool (MLC)
- Well informed of energy market and industry standards, trends, and technologies
- Knowledge of Energy codes and standards (IECC, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Intermediate level in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required
- Technical writing experience required
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 25% of the time (limited out of state traveling)
- Reliable transportation required
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
- Routine bending, lifting, and reaching consistent with office work
- Ability to conduct site inspections (i.e. ladder climbing for roof access, etc.)
- Must be able to prioritize and work both independently and as part of a team
- Proactively seeks to identify real customer needs and manages customer expectations accordingly
- A positive, collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Excellent English communication (both verbal and written), customer service and phone skills are essential
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Company & Business Area Description
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.