Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a registered Professional Engineer, or an Engineer-In-Training capable of obtaining PE certification within one year, with experience in site civil, geotechnical, water resources, and/or solid waste design to support a growing Civil Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in engineering design and project management, as well as, drawing preparation and design in the AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation platforms.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Woods Civil Engineering team and will work with and be mentored by our water resources, geotechnical, and solid waste professional engineers. Engineering efforts will include preparing design calculations, developing computer models using industry-specific software programs, quantity take offs, cost estimates, plans & specifications, report preparation and writing.
Skills / Qualifications
- Understand and execute assigned civil engineering tasks within the project scope
- Supervise and check work performed by junior personnel
- Preparation of permit applications and construction documents
- Interaction with regulatory agencies
- Preparation and QA/QC of construction documents, technical specifications, and opinions of probable construction costs
- Client interaction and proposal writing
- Some travel/field work may be required
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering required; Masters Degree preferred
- North Carolina Engineer in Training required; Professional Engineering certification preferred
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience
- Must have the capacity to conduct work independently with minimal supervision and oversight
- Work well in a team environment, with abilities to multi-task and handle various assignments at once
- Possess excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience preparing reports, calculations, and drawings for permitting and construction
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience with state and local regulatory agencies
- Experience with municipal government projects is a plus
- Knowledge of leachate management facilities, piping and pumping systems, geosynthetics design, and seismic and slope stability analysis
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed> Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.